Friday, February 28, 2014

February at Our House

2/2/14
M: "The snow looks fresh and nobody has walked in it. It's so smooth and it tastes better!"
Oddly, she said this while we were on the way to church, so I have no clue how she knew it would taste better. I guess, of course, that fresh snow must always be better.

2/3/14
After getting herself dressed for school, Mia showed me this outfit consisting of striped shirt, striped skirt, and striped leggings.



Me: "Wow! Those are some stripes."
M {giggles}: "That don't even match!"
Pretty sure I will miss these days come junior high.

2/3/14
M: "Mom, are unicorns real?"
Me: "I don't know. What do you think?"
M: "You should Google it!"
When in doubt, Google it. Funny that I taught her that without even trying.

2/5/14
L: "Can you give me a snot tissue?"
Yep. Although, I usually just call them "tissues."

2/6/14
L {backing up into my lap with a picture book in hand}: "Beep! Beep! Beep!"
Love him!

2/9/14
M {watching women's figure skating during the Olympics}: "I choose my favorite based on how much I like their outfit. I can also choose by their hair and name... and right now, my favorite is Gracie Gold!"
And this is why they don't have this event judged by seven year old girls.

2/12/14
L {at Walmart}: "Wait. Go that way. I think I saw a tiara for you!"
See, he knows me so well. 

2/12/14
L {noticing Olympic coverage on the TV at the library}: "We have that on our TV, too!"
What a coincidence!

2/13/14
L: "Can we build a skate park at our house?"
I guess we technically could. I am just not sure how or why we would do that.

2/16/14
L {in bathroom}: "Door, I command you to stay!"
Let me know how that works out for you...

2/16/14
L {at dinnertime}: "Are we praying to Jesus... and Santa?"
Well, I don't know. I guess I can't blame him for keeping his options open.

2/22/14
M: "Mommy, the car stinks to me."
Me: "I don't know what you mean."
M: "Well... I've been gassy."
I think this one is self-explanatory. Don't you?

2/24/14
The kids are sick of this winter!
M: "When will the snow go away? I want to catch butterflies."
Me: "Well, there aren't too many butterflies in February."
L: "Yeah! I want to wear my boots and jump in mud."
If only I could make that happen...

2/25/14
L {explaining what snack he ate at preschool}: "I had a yogurt cafe." (parfait)
Sounds delish. 

2/26/14
L {While headed out the door in the morning}: "Mom, you're the line leader for our house."
Obviously. In fact, I am the leader of ALL things at our house -- or if I am not, then I should be. Maybe he was on to something with the tiara suggestion.

2/28/14
L: "I know why they call those Craisins. 'Cause they're crazy."
I imagine so. About as crazy as a dried fruit can be.

2/28/14
L {after tumbling off the ottoman, comes and shows me his boo-boo}: "I hurt my bender part."
Me: "That is called your elbow."
L: "Elbow starts with 'L.'"
Clearly, he was not hurt badly.

2/28/14
M {putting on her apron to help make pizza for dinner}: "Aprons are made of apes and wrens."
Great. I am so glad we cleared that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment