Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Request

I have already shared the sad news with my Facebook friends -- several times in fact. The Livingston Parent Journal is in trouble and they may not be printing any future issues! Yes, this is the same publication that has run a few articles for me recently, but please read on to see why I feel compelled to make one last public request on their behalf.

When I became a stay-at-home mom four years ago, I felt lonely and isolated. I no longer had opportunities for regular adult conversation. To make matters worse, our finances were much tighter, making it difficult for me to feel like I could wisely take the children to very events. It seemed like everything had a price tag, and I was worried that the cost was too high.

Enter the Livingston Parent Journal. This FREE publication became my lifeline for family-friendly events in the area, and most of them were free or very low cost! Suddenly, I was connected. We were going places, and the whole family was so much happier. I know that there are many, many other families who are being impacted in this way, and I would hate for them to lose a vital resource -- the Livingston Parent Journal!

I recently read an article about a couple that claimed to have had the first crowdfunded baby, following a successful in vitro fertilization made possible in this fashion. While I am not asking you to help me make a baby, I do want you to consider supporting an important cause! You may be wondering, How can I help? #1 Click here to go to their crowdfunding page. You have until January 31 to make a financial difference. #2 You are, of course, welcome to share, share, share. I've always believed in the power of one person to make a difference, but truly the real power is when many people join together in support of something they believe in. Thanks for listening.

In other news, since we are experiencing another polar vortex, I thought I would also share a picture of something that we tried the last time the temps were so frigid: frozen bubbles! (Yes, it is easy to make a bubble freeze. The tricky part is getting a photo of it!) We used our favorite homemade bubble solution, but I assume any bubble solution will work. In my opinion, it's a whole lot safer than throwing boiling water into the air. Of course, you will need to make sure that everyone is properly bundled up, and that you don't remain outside for too long. Stay warm, have fun, and please consider making a donation to the Livingston Parent Journal!


{Here it is! A frozen bubble!}



No comments:

Post a Comment