Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Little Sunshine Mask


{Mia made this sunny mask in preschool.}
Materials:
  • paper plate
  • scissors
  • orange and yellow paper
  • glue
  • crayons
Directions:
  1. Cut the center out of a paper plate.
  2. Have child color the paper plate ring as desired.
  3. Cut triangles out of orange and yellow paper. (You can also use a template.) Older children can do this themselves.
  4. Have your child glue the colored triangles onto the paper plate ring.
  5. Once glue is dry, your child can wear her mask.
This is such a simple craft, which makes it really nice. I like how happy it makes her to wear the mask, and of course it makes me happy, too. I may just burst into song with "You Are My Sunshine" or "Mr. Sun." We could use some sunshine on this dreary day. By the way, I just discovered that there are far more verses to "You Are My Sunshine" than I ever realized. I only know the first two, which I sing sometimes when Logan requests a lullaby. (I love that he's 2 1/2 and still asks me to sing to him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment