Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To-may-to, To-mah-to

Logan has more and more to say lately, which means that he is nearly overtaking Mia is the cute quotes category. The kids have both been busy this month at coming up with different ways of saying things. I especially love how Logan describes the experience of going through the car wash.

While out running errands, I told the kids that I would stop for gas and then we would head home. Mia told Logan, "It looks like the car needs some food, Buddy." (Feb. 1)

Logan's favorite Super Bowl commercial was for a car, I don't know what kind, but it featured a cheetah chasing after a man, when it was supposed to be racing the car. Logan laughed hysterically and said, "Kitten chase guy!" (Feb. 5)

When Logan bumped his head on the table, I said, "Whoops. You bang your noggin?" He responded, without crying, "No. Smack my head." (Feb. 10)

Mia: "Mom, chocolate is sweet and you can't eat too much chocolate or you'll get a sweet stomach." (Feb. 10)

Brett took Logan into the living room and told him they were going to watch sports. Logan asked hopefully, "Skateboarding?" He meant snowboarding, but it wasn't on, so he started to cry. Brett attempted to explain by saying, "I can't control what's on TV." Mia tried to help by adding, "God chooses what's on TV." (Feb. 12)

Logan excitedly tried to tell me about going through the car wash with Daddy: "Me go in washing machine!" (Feb. 15)

Logan: "Me want purple apple juice." I think he was just combining the idea of apple juice with the idea of his purple vitamin. Mia convinced him to have apple juice and to pretend that it was purple. (Feb. 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment