Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Easy Vegetable-Beef Soup

I have a terrible time keeping my favorite recipes organized. It's on my never-ending to-do list, but obviously not a priority, so I have decided to just post this one that I made for tonight's supper since it is ideal. (This way, the next time I can't find the recipe, it will be right here on my faithful blog.) I love this recipe because it's tasty, super-simple to make, and most importantly, everyone in the family gobbles it up.

Prep: 20 minutes     Cook: Low 7 hours, High 3 1/2 hours     Makes: 4-6 servings 
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 14-ounce can beef broth (1 2/3 cups)
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables (I used a 12-ounce bag.)
  • 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
  • 10 3/4-ounce can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
  •  1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 
  1. In a large skillet cook beef until brown. Drain off fat.
  2. Transfer meat to a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker.
  3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Note: If you want a lighter version, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef and use chicken broth in place of the beef broth. Both are yummy, but I think the original recipe is more flavorful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much!!! I love vegetable soup! I actually had some the other day and it was almost 100 degrees outside! I am going to try this!
    lots of love
    Angela
    Button Bird Designs

    ReplyDelete