Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Story Time

The recent finale of summer Story Time at our local library had me reflecting on the reading that I have done lately. Mia logged something around 26 books for that final week (and that is just the titles that I recorded-- not counting 2nd, 3rd, and umpteenth readings of any given book). I am glad that she loves to read, but I do get tired of reading the same books repeatedly. This is why I made her get in line with me to get the free book that Ms. Irene was giving the kids at the end of Story Time. Mia has been oddly shy around Ms. Irene this summer, and has refused to go get her rewards each week. I have stood by and watched her do this even though it frustrated me a bit, but I was not passing up something NEW to read! (Plus, she was giving out Dora coloring books, and I knew that Mia had to have that even if she claimed she didn't like Dora. Obviously, this is not true, and she asked for it later that day.)

I am sad to say that I don't remember the last book I read for myself. I know it was at some point when Logan was still unaware that books existed he would let me read while nursing. Now, he tears the pages and eats them. (In case you are wondering, I am still able to frequently use my computer while he nurses.) Sometimes, I miss those days of reading whatever I wanted. Both my mom and my sister-in-law have loaned me books and I wonder if I will ever get around to reading them. And I love reading. I just find that there are so many things that need to be done that at the end of the day, when I have a few moments to myself, I would rather do something else (like vegetate in front of the TV). On the other hand, it would be nice to read something that doesn't rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment