Friday, July 30, 2010

Confessions of a Less-Than-Perfect Mom

I enjoy the compliments that I have gotten recently. It makes me feel awesome that people think I'm a good mom! Really, I live for this, but I have to be honest. I am far from perfect, and here are some reasons why. (Note: This list is not exhaustive. I'm sure I have selectively forgotten many offenses.)

10) This morning, I let the kids be entertained by a beetle crawling around on the bathroom floor so that I could take a shower.

9) I always forget to give Logan his vitamin.

8) Sometimes I let my children eat food that has fallen on the floor.

7) I have forced Mia to go to Story Time and play dates when she didn't want to because I HAD to get out.

6) Occasionally I paraphrase or omit words when I am tired of reading and just want Mia to go to bed.

5) I have been known to call Mia and Logan by the wrong names, including the dog's name.

4) If Mia catches me eating chocolate and asks what I'm eating, I lie and tell her raisins.

3) At 3, Mia already knows the word "frustrated" and often asks if I am feeling that way.

2) Sometimes I run into the bathroom and lock the door so I can have a couple of minutes to myself.

1) There are times when I wish that I believed in spanking.

No comments:

Post a Comment